Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Work and Happiness

     Many people go through their lives loathing their jobs and struggle with their unhappiness in work. At work, I want to be able to expand my communication skills and be able to help others. I don’t want to dread every morning going to work or go home thinking how unhappy I am. Finding the perfect job that suits me is important because I’ll feel purpose in my life. I’d feel like I accomplished what I wanted most out of life. My major is nursing and it’s a perfect job for me because it challenges my weaknesses and it will give me pleasure in seeing I helped someone in need.

     Using the “MPS Process” (meaning, pleasure, strengths) presented by Tal- Ben Shahar, I learned that a good job for me has to do with helping people and working at a fast pace. I enjoy learning new facts about the human body and how it works. I also take pleasure in writing and being able to translate to Spanish-speaking people. I think that becoming a nurse will make me happier in my life because I’m studying a career I find interesting and will have different experiences every day. My goal is to be able to give back to my community and show myself that I can handle the hard work.

     I don’t want a job where I have to depend on the incoming checks. I want a job I love going to every day and learn from people. Being happy at work will take away a lot of stress and will make you satisfied in life. Nursing will help me gain experiences and it will make me want to go to work every morning. It will challenge me a little bit day by day and it won’t be the same routine all the time. I love the idea of going to work because I want to not because I have to.



     Works Cited
Ben-Shahar, Tal. Happier. New York: McGraw- Hill Companies, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment