Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful

There are many things I am grateful for in my life. First and foremost is my family, who always keep me strong and motivated to do better in life. They keep me focused on my goals and help me financially with school. I’m also glad to have my baby nephew in my life. He brings me automatic happiness when I see him and shows me what it’s like to be a mother for a day. I’m also thankful to have my boyfriend because he’s always there for me and always talks to me when I need him. He fills my days with laughter and love and I’m glad I met him back in high school.
I’m thankful for being in the United States and pursuing an education. I’m glad I had the opportunity to do better than my fore mothers did. This motivates me to do better in school and not just be a housewife and fit the stereotype of an Hispanic woman.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for showing us the family picture and the picture of you and your boyfriend. I enjoy the short composition. I find a grammar misteak "First and foremost is my family, who always keep me strong"; I think you could use "keeps" instead of "keep" because the family is a singular.

    ReplyDelete